Regional Gender and Inclusive Citizenship Program
CRTD.A is seeking to achieve equal citizenship rights for women and men in selected countries in the Middle East and North Africa, focusing on three interrelated key areas – nationality rights, social entitlements, and economic rights – with the overall aim of promoting inclusive citizenship.
The NGO's approach is to eliminate gender-discrimination in citizenship entitlements, to enhance the agency of citizens to claim their rights, to strengthen citizen action, and to lobby for the accountability role of governments.
It’s objectives are:
- Promoting equal citizenship, namely social, political and economic rights for women and men
- Strengthening capacity of civil society in the region through action research and collective learning
- Generating and disseminating knowledge and information
- Engaging policy and decision makers on citizen rights
- Building knowledge, skills and capacity for public engagement